Manage ECG News
ECG is pleased to announce its association with "Hospitality Taskforce", an agency providing temporary management staffing services for hotels. Hospitality Task Force provides our hospitality clients with a network of highly qualified professionals in the areas of hotel operations (such as F&B, Rooms including Housekeeping), Purchasing, Finance, etc.) on a "temporary taskforce" basis. For more information, please email us at email@example.com, or contact Mr. Tony DiRaimondo directly at 213-820-3811; and please don't forget to mention Executive HR Consulting Group when contacting Mr. DiRaimondo!
New "ACCESS" Regulation
New labor regulations specifying protections for transgender persons, including equal access to the use of facilities such as restrooms, will go into effect on July 1st, 2017.
Click on the link here to find out more about this regulation
ECG's Integrity Hotline
Offer your employees a venue to share any issues/problems they may have via our "Confidential" HR Integrity Hotline. Cost of maintanance of the toll free number is $150 per calendar quarter; other charges are based on "usage" only.
These services include:
- Customized communication piece/notice, announcing the toll-free line to employees. We work closely with your Company’s HR Director or management representative to craft these communication pieces;
- Provide a Toll-Free hotline phone number;
- Answer the toll-free call immediately, or, return the phone call promptly within 24 hours of message receipt, including weekends in case of emergencies;
- Listen to the employee and provide him/her with reassurance that the matter will be addressed immediately, and if so desired, in a confidential/anonymous manner;
- Dependent upon the matter relayed to ECG, ask the employee for additional detailed information, including but not limited to names of witnesses, date and time of occurrence and any other relevant information required;
- Document the matter in written format;
- Circle back with either the Company’s HR Director or management representative dependent upon on the matter at hand; email the documented matter form back to the Company and follow up via phone.
For More information, email cmariotti@ExecutiveHRConsulting.com or call 818-845-5584.
New I-9 Form Effective 9/18/2017
Effective September 18th, 2017, all employers must only use the new I-9 form, with the revision date of 7/7/17. Be sure to remain in compliance. These revisions include a change relating to the timing of when the form must be completed, which is now "by the first day of employment". Make sure you look at the new "acceptable documents" prior to verifying an employees' eligibility to work in the U.S.
City of Los Angeles - New Wage and Sick Time Requirements - Effective July 1st 2017
Beginning July 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the City of Los Angeles will increase to $12.00 per hour for those employers with an employee population of 26 or more, or $10.50 per hour for employers with 25 or fewer employees.
Further, those employers with 25 or fewer employees will now be required to provide at least 48 hours of paid sick leave according to the Los Angeles Minimum Wage Ordinance (double the State minimum).
Both of these new requirements apply to all full-time, part-time, and temporary employees.