Management Tips – Essentials of Effective Teamwork
- On 20 February 2022
- Posted by Chantal Mariotti
Your TEAM can overcome personality conflicts and boost productivity by keeping the following points in mind:
- You don’t have to be best buddies to work together. Even if you don’t socialize after work, you can still have perfectly productive working relationships with team members.
- No one’s perfect. Sure, some of your teammates will get on your nerves. But you too may rub people the wrong way. Remind everyone that all members deserve to be treated with courtesy and respect, despite any personality differences.
- You may have more in common than you think. Even with your differences, you share something significant with co-workers; a stake in the success of your team and the company. View colleagues as allies in your quest to achieve goals.
- Accept, even encourage, differing opinions. The results can generate fresh thinking and give you a new perspective on your job.
- Effective teamwork takes planning. Don’t let teammates go with the flow and hope for the best. Work with members to set clear-cut goals. Discuss them together, write them down and distribute copies to the group.
- Measure progress. Being aware of the teams accomplishments will inspire everyone to continue working together.
Source: Leadership form the Front Lines; published by the Bureau of Business Practice.