Management Tips – Time Management
- On 8 February 2022
- Posted by Chantal Mariotti
It’s helpful to think of time management as two layers that interact with each other:
- Big-picture time management involves reviewing your long-term goals, setting priorities and making plans to meet your goals. When you organize the big picture, you’ll find that you use your time more effectively day by day.
- Daily time management activities include those that help you organize your time and resources so you can meet your big-picture goals.
Big Picture Time Management
- Review your career goals;
- Establish long and short-range objectives to help you meet your career goals;
- Make a list of yearly, monthly and weekly objectives and prioritize them;
- Delegate responsibility when appropriate;
- Build a support network and ask for feedback.
Daily Time Management
- Make daily “to-do” lists and prioritize them. Review lists periodically to make sure everything is necessary;
- Do your most difficult tasks when your energy is at its peak;
- Break large jobs into smaller parts;
- Do one job at a time;
- Plan quiet time during the day when you can get your work done;
- Handle each piece of paper only once;
- Find ways to eliminate or streamline procedures;
- Manage your emails and phone calls;
- Learn to say “no” to demands that don’t benefit you;
- Reduce clutter;
- Organize your workspace;
- Use e-calendars;
- Forget about perfection!
I hope these tips help manage your time. Make sure you view our website at http://www.ExecutiveHRConsulting.com to select the perfect HR Consultant to assist you with your time management, and help you get organized!